REPORTS TO: Logistics Supervisor
COMPENSATION: Competitive wages based on experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, paid time off package, 401k with company contribution, FSA or HSA options, educational assistance, dependent scholarship program, onsite fitness center, and much more!
The shipping coordinator at Gorbel®, needs to interact with all appropriate parties to ensure daily goals of on-time shipping performance are achieved. In addition works closely with Customer Service, our 3PL and other parties to ensure shipments arrive error free and on time. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 11am-8pm.
- Create Bills of Lading in ERP system, which includes updating shipping information and referencing carriers.
- Prepare necessary forms (customs) for international shipments.
- Providing necessary guidance information to 3PL to ensure proper processing of all shipments, both internal (Subcontracted operations) and external (outbound).
- Performing required transactions within ERP system to support product shipping.
- Work with factory Production Supervisors to ensure on time shipments
- Communicate logistics based problems that may affect the shipping date to Customer Service Representative's (flatbeds for an example).
- Provides freight rates to customers or Customer Service Representative's when requested.
- Resolve shipping discrepancies, aids customers with claims for damaged goods.
- Arrange Transfer trucks
- Responsible for coordinating containers and flatbed shipments for both inbound and outbound
- Keeping shipping procedures updated
- Proactively coordinate future shipments, through use of the shipping data report, to ensure that Gorbel® and our 3PL has visibility to International, Flatbed and any other types of shipments that require special handling.
- Creating shipping labels using parcel website.
- File end of day reports and customs documents.
- File claims with carriers.
- Perform other related duties and various special projects as required and assigned
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Independent judgment and demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Preferred Job Qualification:
- Prior experience with shipping
- Prior experience with safety
- Load planning experience
- Familiarity with TL, LTL and Flatbed Carriers
Core Competencies to be Successful
- Integrity and trust
- Action Orientation; Follow Through
- Customer/Quality focus
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office
Gorbel is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.