REPORTS TO: Director of Manufacturing
COMPENSATION: Competitive wages based on experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, paid time off package, 401k with company contribution, FSA or HSA options, educational assistance, dependent scholarship program, onsite fitness center, and much more!
Plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in the plant. Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, lean manufacturing and quality control standards. Supports all manufacturing facilities.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and layout of equipment for maximum efficiency
- Research manufacturing trends, new technology and recommend improvements to current production methods where advantageous
- Implement changes in production processes to support improvements in safety, quality, delivery and/or reduce operating costs.
- Facilitate and apply Lean Manufacturing principles in all manufacturing facilities and participate in continuous improvement projects to drive results
- Manage capital projects from project definition, contractor quoting and selection, project execution and final implementation.
- Support the company safety program by applying knowledge of safety principles and practices related to ergonomics and machine guarding to establish new processes or reviewing existing processes
- Participates in various projects within or related to manufacturing where assigned.
- Develop documentation and procedures to support all manufacturing functions
- Demonstrate and utilize a strong methodical problem solving approach to drive to root cause and implement sustainable corrective actions to production problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and two years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of the principles and practices associated with welding, machining, material handling and general fabrication.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical and Electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience with CAD is preferred
- Ability to interpret and work from blueprints
- Ability to move about the factory and lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to travel up to 10% commercially