REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
The Facilities Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining and coordinating the physical integrity of the property, assisting the Facilities Manager with maintenance of Gorbel, Inc. and Ravenwood Golf Club, Inc. This includes maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for employees and guests. The Facilities Maintenance Technician assists with all aspects of the property's maintenance including the physical grounds, custodial, HVAC, supplies, light carpentry, plumbing, painting, and preventive/corrective maintenance.
General responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Furniture setup and moving
- Storing, replenishing supplies. Inventory supply
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure optimal operating conditions of equipment
- Familiarity with all facilities and building layouts
- Plumbing - drain cleaning, flush valve maintenance
- Electrical - basic wiring, changing ballasts and/or light bulbs, replace outlets
- Landscaping/grounds maintenance - operation and maintenance of mowing and trimming equipment
- Trimming and raking - prune trees and shrubs, maintenance of landscape beds and mulching.
- Snow plowing, shovel and salt as needed
- Provides back up to the Facilities Manager including: access control system administration, energy management system adjustments, day to day work of the department
- Trains other Maintenance Technicians
- Works with Facilities manager on coordinating vendors, suppliers and renovations projects.
- Experience in office cleaning and maintenance
- Experience with power cleaning and grounds maintenance equipment
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to drive to work sites and clean driving record
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be on-call and work weekends (If Needed)
- Unassisted lifting up to 50 pounds
- Bending, Walking, Kneeling, Pushing/Pulling, Digging and Shoveling
- Able to work on step ladders or extension ladders
- Wear all PPE as required
- Mechanical aptitude; plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall, painting, etc.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Experience with Lock out/Tag out procedures
- Mechanical skills to maintain equipment