DEPARTMENT: Materials Group
REPORTS TO: Inventory Control Supervisor
COMPENSATION: Competitive wages based on experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, paid time off package, 401k with company contribution, FSA or HSA options, educational assistance, dependent scholarship program, onsite fitness center, and much more!
Plan, prepare, issue and monitor schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved material in a timely and efficient manner to meet production requirements and ship date requirements.
- Schedule Quotes from Customer Service through Quote Manager.
- Expedite and De- Expedite Customer Orders.
- Request expedites for purchased material as required.
- Process Change Orders as required.
- Plan and Monitor production schedules to ensure capacity requirements are met "Master Schedule Accuracy" for our primary site.
- Analyze the Planning Bill ratio’s to the S&OP for the forecasting model.
- Develop, manage and validate Planning Bill of Materials on a consistent basis.
- Negotiate achievable production schedules that meet both internal and external requirements. Create and maintain an excellent working rapport with all stakeholders.
- Minimize set-up costs wherever possible.
- Analyze and establish ship dates or acceptable alternative dates on all incoming demand for Sales Orders/Service Orders/Change Orders.
- Understand the production capacity of each work center. Manage demand against the current production capacity of each work center and the production department as a whole.
- Evaluate the Capacity Report - and schedule special or large orders in an appropriate manner.
- Consider equipment maintenance, factory initiatives, projects, major training, etc. in the schedule for all work centers.
- Understand the company's strategic goals and implement scheduling activities to support them.
- Communicate Late Order Notices and reschedule jobs as required.
- Participate in cross-functional teams focused on process improvements, and supply chain development.
- Participate in ad hoc production meetings. Obtain up-to-the minute information regarding capacity and performance problems. Obtain agreement from all participants concerning modifications to the schedule. Flag potential issues and ensures that the organization addresses the issues in an effective and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with all functional areas of the company as required.
- Cross-train in all areas of scheduling, focusing on manufacturing processes, and coordinating an accurate flow of material to manufacturing in a timely and efficient manner.
- Backfill Schedulers as required.
- Read blue prints.
- Lead or participate projects
- Write, revise procedures as needed.
- Degree in related discipline (or comparable experience) with a minimum of 2 years scheduling experience in manufacturing in an ERP environment.
- Professional certification (APICS, ISM, APS) a strong plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office.
Gorbel is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.